When the temperature drops in Anaheim, your tendency is probably to turn your thermostat up. Of course, this is at the expense of your wallet. But we want to ensure that you and your family are experiencing a safe, warm and enjoyable environment in your homes, so we’d like to help you learn on how to save some cash on your heating bills.
We spoke with our heating service experts at Excalibur in Anaheim to come up with these five money-saving tips to cut down your heating bill:
- Purchase a programmable thermostat. With the ability to automatically adjust your home’s temperature, you’ll be able to lower the temperature when you’re sleeping, and when you’re out of the home. This type of energy-savings can significant save you money on your monthly heating bills, especially during the coldest months.
- Regulate your hot water heater’s temperature. This strategy will give you a consistent temperature so your water heater doesn’t have to manage significant fluctuations in temperature that use more energy. To save even more on these electrical costs, you could plan to only use hot water during certain times of the day.
- Turn your heater completely off. If you have an electric hot water heater, turn it off at the circuit breaker box when you’re done with your hot water activities for the day. Just make sure to turn it on again 30-45 minutes prior to taking your hot shower in the morning! However, ignore this tip if you use gas or oil heating because frequently turning down the water temperature will damage the thermostat in those types of systems.
- Buy a tankless hot water heater for a long-term investment. Although the initial cost is more, tankless water heaters reduce monthly gas costs and could pay off in the long run. It’s also helpful to keep in mind that tankless water heater technology is advancing rapidly.
- Remember that “Off” mode is deceiving. Keep in mind that when a lot of your electronic devices are turned off they’re still consuming power. The most efficient way to save energy and money here is to just unplug appliances that aren’t in use.
Make sure to call our heating service specialists at Excalibur to address your heating service needs in Anaheim!