A toilet repair is something no homeowner wants to encounter. Clogs, leaks, and overflows are not only inconvenient; they’re potentially unsanitary. In fact, allowing even just one clog to persist may bring serious damage to floor coverings, sub-floors, plumbing infrastructure and even the ceiling below if the toilet is located in the upper levels of your home. There is also the additional risk of mold and mildew growth, which detract from your indoor air quality. Even worse, you may also have to pay a significant amount of money on water damage restoration service if you allow any of these problems to persist long enough. When your toilet starts acting up, you need to get it fixed immediately. The average cost of a standard toilet ranges between $200 and $400. If you do not take the initiative and get it fixed in time, you may be losing hundreds of dollars on toilet replacement instead of gearing your savings toward holiday shopping. That’s not even factoring in the annual operating costs, any drain or sewer line repairs, and the high amounts of stress that will come along with all of it. If you want to experience a more peaceful holiday season, and winter as a whole, you should definitely call up a professional for advice on how to avoid any plumbing nightmares.
How Can Excalibur Help You?
Fortunately, you can find that professional at Excalibur. We have an entire team full of licensed, experienced plumbers ready to assist you at every turn, especially if you are experiencing toilet troubles. They can offer you a wide range of solutions and exhibit personal customer service to ensure your plumbing needs come before anything. Your toilet is the most essential fixture in your home, and we’ll make sure it continues to work for years to come with just a few quick repairs. We’ll also show you how can avoid trouble in the future so you save money and stress. Thanks to our service, you will experience better plumbing that will keep the risk of clogs to a low and ensure you keep a few extra dollars in your pocket in the process. Also, once you have greater knowledge on plumbing maintenance, you can expect to see a longer lifespan from the system itself. Best of all, you will be able to achieve a better peace of mind that will see you be able to relax so much more.
How Can You Save Money on Toilet Repair?
Even if you’re not a licensed professional, you should still be able to take steps in avoiding toilet troubles. With that in mind, here are 5 helpful tips to improve your toilet’s functionality:
- Educate Family Members: Educating your family members is highly important in regards to plumbing maintenance, especially if you have small children in your home who may not know what shouldn’t go down the drain. In general, your family should know to not drop the following into the toilet: paper products (cleaning wipes, feminine hygiene products, cotton balls), household waste products (kitty litter, human or pet hair, grease, oil), or other materials (toys, medications, articles of clothing).
- Keep Surfaces Around Toilets Clear: Toilets will clog when an object is knocked into the toilet accidentally, usually when any nearby counters or over-the-toilet counters are filled with too many objects. You should keep these areas clear of small items, which will lessen the chances of this happening. You should also keep a small garbage bin in the bathroom so occupants will have an alternative method of disposal for materials that don’t belong down the drain.
- Flush Twice, If Necessary: You should always flush twice if waste is not removed from the toilet bowl after the first flush. However, if these multiple flushes are becoming more and more common, it may be indicative of a serious problem with the fixture and will require professional inspection. Multiple flushes are a waste of water and see the costs of utility bills skyrocket.
- Learn to Plunge: Every home should have a plunger, but you also need to learn how to plunge properly. If you want plunge like a pro, please follow these steps: insert the plunger into the toilet bowl, position the plunger over the drainage hole and plunge until the water levels in the toilet bowl go down, and this will then let you know the clog has been successfully removed.
- Know When to Call a Professional: If your toilet is proving too troublesome for you to handle, it’s time to call a licensed plumber at Excalibur to schedule a toilet repair. If you are a homeowner with toilets that flush slowly, threaten to overflow, or require you to plunge frequently, sending a call our way to repair the problem quickly will help you avoid the costly utility bills later down the road.
Don’t Drown In Toilet Problems – Schedule A Toilet Repair Today
Contact Excalibur today if you want to learn more on how you can avoid the hassle of clogs and save money on toilet repair!